We highly recommend that you watch the "Quick Start" episode of your program's video training before diving into individual requirements. All clinical and field programs at UConn require students to document a current Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) vaccine dated within 10 years. You will not be able to begin your placement if compliance requirements are not met, and you will be removed from your placement if compliance lapses.
Summary below in case you just need a quick reference of the steps. Also see your program's PDF compliance guide.
What to Do
- Locate your current Tdap vaccine, dated within 10 years. If you do not have a current Tdap, receive a new Tdap booster from your primary care provider or any local pharmacy. Remember to ensure that you have received the correct vaccine (Td is generally not acceptable for compliance).
- Submit documentation of your current Tdap vaccine to Complio - For what's required on your documents and how to work with documents in Complio, check out the "Working in Complio" episode of our training series
- Problem: Tdap documentation was rejected or the requirement is showing as expired
- Check the reviewer's rejection comment. Does your document show all required information? Does it show a Tdap?
- Double check the date of your vaccine. Remember that your Tdap must be updated every 10 years.
- Complete Tdap steps and submit them to Complio
- Review other episodes