We highly recommend that you watch the "Quick Start" episode of your program's video training before diving into individual requirements. All clinical and field programs at UConn require students to document a current health insurance coverage. You will not be able to begin your placement if compliance requirements are not met, and you will be removed from your placement if compliance lapses.
Health Insurance Episode
Summary below in case you just need a quick reference of the steps. Also see your program's PDF compliance guide.
What to Do
- Locate your health insurance card and scan/photograph the front and back of your card. The back is required even if it does not contain much information.
- Submit the front and back of your insurance card to ADB/Complio using the Health Insurance requirement - For what's required on your documents and how to work with documents in Complio, check out the "Working in Complio" episode of our training series
- Problem: Health Insurance documentation was rejected
- Check the reviewer's rejection comment. Does your health insurance card show your name and coverage information?
- Did you submit both the front and back of your insurance card?
- Complete Health Insurance steps and submit them to Complio
- Review other episodes
- Working in Complio - all about documents, submitting requirements, understanding reviewer comments, etc.
- Immunization requirements involving titers
- Other requirement-specific episodes from your program's playlist