We highly recommend that you watch the "Quick Start" episode of your program's video training before diving into individual requirements. Students in all programs must complete HIPAA Training, and students in most programs must also complete OSHA Training. You will not be able to begin your placement if compliance requirements are not met, and you will be removed from your placement if compliance lapses.
HIPAA & OSHA Trainings
Summary below in case you just need a quick reference. Also see your program's PDF compliance guide.
Accessing Trainings in HuskyCT & Submitting to ADB/Complio
- Log into HuskyCT
- On your Institution Page, scroll down to the box labeled “Self-Enroll Courses & Organizations for Students.”
- Locate “Office of Clinical Placement Coordination (OCPC)” and click the organization name to enter
- Click the green “Enroll” button on the left and follow any prompts to complete enrollment
- Click HIPAA Training content module and watch the video training, checking “Reviewed” once complete; advance to the next screen and complete the HIPAA quiz with a score of 90% or higher
- If required for your program, click OSHA Training content module and watch the video training, clicking “Reviewed” once complete; advance to the next screen and complete the OSHA quiz with a score of 90% or higher
- Click “My Certificates of Completion” in the left menu to access your certificates, which you will need to download or screenshot and submit the certificate(s) to Complio using the corresponding categories. Note for Nursing, Long-Term Care Administration, and Pharmacy students: You will see a combined HIPAA/OSHA Certification category in Complio where you will submit your certificates using the corresponding requirements.