We highly recommend that you watch the "Quick Start" episode of your program's video training before diving into individual requirements. All clinical and field programs at UConn require students to document an annual Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (also known as a Flu Shot) received between 8/15 and 10/1. You will not be able to begin your placement if compliance requirements are not met, and you will be removed from your placement if compliance lapses.
Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Episode
Summary below in case you just need a quick reference of the steps. Also see your program's PDF compliance guide.
What to Do
- Receive your annual seasonal influenza vaccine between 8/15 and 10/1. Make sure you obtain appropriate documentation at the time of your vaccine. In addition to standard information, for flu shots, documentation must include the facility that administered the vaccine, the lot #, and the manufacturer/brand name of the vaccine.
- Submit documentation of your current year's flu shot to Complio
- Problem: Flu shot documentation was rejected or the requirement is showing as expired
- Check the reviewer's rejection comment. Does your document show all required information?
- If your requirement is showing as expired, did you update the date to the current year?
- Complete Seasonal Influenza Vaccine steps and submit them to Complio
- Review other episodes
- Working in Complio - all about documents, submitting requirements, understanding reviewer comments, etc.
- Other immunization requirements involving titers
- Other requirement-specific episodes from your program's playlist