We highly recommend that you watch the "Quick Start" episode of your program's video training before diving into individual requirements. Most clinical and field programs at UConn require students to document current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification. You will not be able to begin your placement if compliance requirements are not met, and you will be removed from your placement if compliance lapses.
Summary below in case you just need a quick reference of the steps. Also see your program's PDF compliance guide.
What to Do
- If you do not currently have the appropriate CPR certification, you must complete an American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) course and obtain the appropriate certification card. We recommend starting at the AHA website's "Find a Class" feature to locate a trainer in your area: https://cpr.heart.org/. Alternate certifications will not be accepted for compliance.
- Submit documentation of your current CPR certification to Complio - For what's required on your documents and how to work with documents in Complio, check out the "Working in Complio" episode of our training series
- Problem: CPR certification documentation was rejected or the requirement is showing as expired
- Check the reviewer's rejection comment. Does your document show all required information? Does it show the correct certification (AHA BLS)?
- Double check the date of your certification. Renew your certification before it expires.
- Complete CPR steps and submit them to Complio
- Review other episodes