We highly recommend that you watch the "Quick Start" episode of your program's video training before diving into individual requirements. All clinical and field programs at UConn require students to document a full vaccination for COVID-19. "Full vaccination" is currently defined by the CDC as a primary vaccine series (two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson) plus the most recent booster for which one is eligible. As of 9/2/22, the bivalent booster was recommended for everyone ages 12+. Therefore, for compliance, you must submit documentation of your primary vaccine dose(s) and one booster dated after 9/2/22. If you have applied for and received a UConn-approved medical or religious exemption, you must submit documentation of that approved exemption. Note that a UConn-approved exemption does not guarantee placement as some agencies will not accept students who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and placement is always at the agency's discretion. You will not be able to begin your placement if compliance requirements are not met, and you will be removed from your placement if compliance lapses.
COVID-19 Vaccine Episode
Summary below in case you just need a quick reference of the steps. Also see your program's PDF compliance guide.
What to Do
- Locate documentation of your COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Submit documentation of your COVID-19 vaccine doses to Complio - Remember to submit each dose to its corresponding requirement (COVID-19 Dose #1 and COVID-19 Dose #2 for Pfizer/Moderna primary series doses, COVID-19 Single Dose for a primary dose of Johnson & Johnson, and COVID-19 Booster 1 for the bivalent booster regardless of manufacturer) even if all doses are on one document. For what's required on your documents and how to work with documents in Complio, check out the "Working in Complio" episode of our training series
- If you have a medical or religious exemption for the full COVID-19 vaccine, submit documentation of that approved exemption using the COVID-19 Exemption requirement.
- If you have a medical or religious exemption that applies only to the COVID-19 Booster, submit documentation of your primary COVID-19 vaccine doses to the corresponding requirements and then apply for an item exception for the COVID-19 Booster requirement, attaching your UConn-approved medical or religious booster exemption documentation.
- Problem: You think you've submitted everything, but Complio still says you aren't compliant for COVID-19
- Have you submitted all vaccine doses, each to its own individual requirement?
- Do all your documents include all the required information?
- Were all your documents approved or was something rejected?
- If you had a rejection, have you addressed the issue and resubmitted your documentation?
- Problem: Your booster was rejected.
- Was your booster dated after 9/2/22? If not, you must receive a bivalent booster after that date.
- If you received a bivalent booster prior to 9/2/22 due to a medical condition or other factor, please reach out to your OCPC Compliance Specialist to discuss how to proceed in Complio.
- Problem: Your exemption was rejected in Complio
- Did you submit a UConn-approved medical or religious exemption as outlined above and in the video episode?
- Does the document you submitted show your name and the type of exemption you received?
- Complete COVID-19 steps and submit them to Complio
- Review other episodes